I'm Stuck at a Hospital and I Can't Leave - Part 07


I don't even know what to think any more. I'm sorry for not responding to any comments this time, it has been so unbelievably hectic here, I haven't had a free moment to process everything that has happened. Obviously, I am still alive and kicking, and I am still at the hospital.

Where do I even start this time?

I guess I will start with some questions and comments, just to get that all over with, so I can focus on the recent developments. Now a little disclaimer, there have been a lot of questions and a lot of developments, so this might be my longest post yet. I thought about splitting this up, but I think it will be better to just address everything now.

I also apologize if my answers sound rude or snarky, it has been a very long couple of days and I am just done with all of this.

I'll start with this, a harsh, unpleasant realization that I have been trying not to think about too much but might be what I have to do. If the watchers and Dr. Ashby are standing in my way of leaving here, I might have to kill them for my freedom. I really don't want that to be the case, because I already have two people's blood on my hands, and I really don't want more. Even though they were watchers and they are part of the reason that I am stuck here, they were people.

At least that is what I believe.

I don't know if they are staying in this state for the rest of their lives, or if these people will go back to normal once this whole experience ends, but I would like to think that they wont be stuck like this forever. But if I continue to kill them, then that chance will go away.

The thought that if I kill Dr. Ashby will end all of this too is a possibility. Like I said in a previous post, there is a hive mind aspect to the watchers, but Ashby is the only one who is taking notes on me, which does give the impression that he is in charge.

Again, I don't want kill more people, but I am prepared to do so.

Someone suggested that I am still on Earth and that I wasn't abducted, because if I wasn't on Earth then I wouldn't have a cellular signal. I have no doubt about that. This might sound similar to other answers, but it all comes back to loss of time. Other than at the first hospital where I had my surgery, I haven't had any loss of time outside of me going to sleep. Now, anything could potentially be a possibility, but I don't think that is the case here, especially with all of my recent knowledge.

There was also a suggestion that I was abducted right after my injury. If that was the case then the aliens just screwed with me and mimicked my daily life for 5 months. I just don't find that likely at all. The weird just started to happen since I got to this specific hospital for the insurance clinic.

A few people have suggested that the watchers are people that were abducted, and are now under the influence of aliens. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the truth. Of course, I have my reasons for believing this, but I will elaborate on that later.

Another thing that I have been asked is what the greater design is? It has been theorized that it is some sort of experiment on humanity. I will elaborate on what I know about it at this moment, but in short, it looks like it is an experiment on me, and it might lead to humanity.

Whether it is a good thing or not, I am torn on that.

One aspect that was pointed out to me that I wasn't the clearest on, was the extent of my assistive devices and what all was inn a cast. So I had a titanium rod put into my femur, and because of that I didn't need to be put in a cast, which I am thankful for. I was originally on crutches and now I am down to a cane. With my arm, they put in plates and screws to keep the bones together, and I was sewn up because both the ulna and radius bones pierced through my skin. That was in a cast with enough room for me to grab my one crutch with my hand, but that was causing me damage to my forearm, so once I was down to only one crutch, they operated on my arm again, even doing a carpal tunnel surgery to help correct some tissue damage. I was put in a cast and a sling, but at the time of me going into the clinic I was just down to a cast. It covered my wrist and part of my hand, with cut outs for my fingers and thumb, and it goes up to my elbow, but doesn't cover it so I do have mobility there.

So I guess there has been some confusion about how long I have been at this hospital and how I got here. If I wasn't clear about any of the following details, I am sorry. I thought that everything was clear, but in case it wasn't here is everything.

I had my accident at work, and an ambulance brought me to the closest hospital. I spent five days there, where I had surgery to set my bones and keep them in place, then was discharged. That was over five months ago at this point. I live about 45 km away from that hospital, but due to the condition I was in I had to stay with my parents for a month and a half until I could function by myself, because I couldn't do something as simple as make myself a coffee or grab a sandwich from the fridge. Through this time, I was still paying for my apartment, but all of my bills/utilities/insurance are direct withdraws so that wasn't an issue, especially because there wasn't an interruption with my pay through all of this.

After I left my parent's house I went back to living on my own, and the insurance company has been paying for transportation to and from my appointments. Now I am at this specific hospital because insurance requested I go to a specific clinic here for assessment. This hospital is in my parent's city, which is about 60 km from my apartment. My dad took the morning off and picked me up from my place and drove me to the hospital. That was almost two weeks ago now, but time is strange in here. In my reality, it's been three days.

Has anyone new come into the hospital since I have been here? No, no one at all. Anyone who leaves the building either disappears or waits in their car, with me being the exception.

Why is no one willing to check up on me, and is there really no one who is worried about me? Again, I am sorry if I haven't been the clearest about this. Everyone that I have talked to since being in here, seem to be at work or living their lives, and me not being around is normal to them. Every time I message my parents, they wish me luck with my appointment. My only guess is that the time warp that I am stuck in is affection people on the outside too, but I really am grasping at straws here.

Now I was recently given a suggestion that everything that is going on is due to the government. This would largely be due to the fact that this all started when I went to an insurance clinic that the government runs. Earlier through this ordeal, I might have agreed to that, but after the last few days, I really don't think that is the case.

I was also advised to do some investigation outside the hospital. Specifically there was an idea floating around that there could be a building on the premises that would house some scientists who are running these tests/experiments that I am in. Now, I haven't fully explored around the hospital exterior, but I have seen quite a bit of it, and from what I've seen, there is no such building. Now, I could have explored it further, and if my current plan doesn't work out I might have to. If anything, that might be where Ashby goes and there might be a lot of information there.

So there are a couple questions left, but they tie into what has happened since my last update, so I will answer them as I explain.

So they took away my cane and cast. I couldn't believe it, and I was so afraid. I broke down and thought that I was at the end of my journey. I waited in that spot for hours, thinking that the watchers were going to come and take me away, or at least finish me off.

But they never did. They all passed me by.

Eventually I had to get up and figure out my next move. The act of getting up wasn't too bad, I just used my good leg while I was up against a pillar. Now that I was up though, I needed to move. Now I was using a cane, but I could walk short distances without it. Well, not so much walk, it was a more of a waddle or a hobble. I needed some minor assistance, and like someone suggested, there was a nearby chair. I walked over to it and managed to grab onto it before I started to get too tired.

Now I thought I would have to use the chair as a walker, but it was small and light enough that I was able to use it like a bulky crutch. Sure, it was awkward to move, but I was able to walk a little more normal and walk farther distances. What was nice about walking like this too was that whenever I got too tired I could just sit down and regain my strength in my leg.

With my arm, I couldn't really lift anything with it, and I was paranoid about bumping it and hurting it more than it already was. I needed to get something to protect my arm, maybe even a sling, and as well as the chair was working out for me, it was still very bulky and I needed to get something a little better.

Luckily for me, I was in the perfect location to get this equipment.

I was making my way to the in hospital -pharmacy with all of the assistive devices when I noticed the watchers, well, watching me. Now this isn't really new, after all, this is how they got their name. But they aren't just blankly staring at me any more. It looks like they are pay attention to what I am doing and where I am going. At times, it seems like they are almost anticipating my movements. Their faces aren't blank any more, they look almost intrigued, or what they thing intrigue looks like.

As I was walking towards the pharmacy, there were more and more watchers around me. Surprisingly, they were not trying to block my path, or get in my way. It was almost like they were intrigued in what I would do next, like a human watching their pet.

Now I am a little familiar with the layout of the hospital at this point, and I know that there are sometimes multiple ways to get to one location. So I tried to get to take an alternative route, one that would take me passed a group of them. Surprisingly, they didn't block the path, but opened it up to me.

I walked to that pharmacy, and what was was great was that the closer I got to it, the easier it was to walk. I just chalked it up to me getting more used to my new method of walking, just like when I adjusted to walking with crutches right after I was discharged. My spirits were high, along with being creeped out by the crowd forming around me.

My spirits sunk though, when I found the pharmacy was closed and locked up.

This wasn't right. Every store was open in the hospital, regardless of whether it was staffed or not. It didn't make any sense either, because I had walked by the pharmacy many times, and it was never closed.

They did this on purpose. They must have.

I was so angry at this point, so I threw the chair into the security gate. I struck with a loud bang and fell to the floor, creating an even louder noise, which echoed through the foyer. The watchers didn't flinch either, they just continued to look at me with their off-puzzled expressions. I couldn't help but to walk up to them and scream in their faces.

They didn't even flinch.

I circled their group, wondering how I could get another cane or a sling, and that is when I realized it.

I was walking normally now, and on top of that, I threw my chair with the arm that was in a cast.

This shouldn't have been possible.

I was confused, sure, but I was filled with joy more than anything else. I stretched my arm and my leg, and they felt great, a lot better than they had in a long time. What's even stranger though, is that they felt exponentially better than they did hours ago. It didn't make any sense, at all, and that is when a crazy idea entered my head.

Someone suggested that the watchers took my cane and removed my cast because I was getting too strong for them to handle. I thought this was true as well, until I threw that chair.

What if the watchers took my assistive/protective devices because they knew that by taking them, I would get stronger?

I could speculate all I wanted, but I knew that one person might have the answers that I needed, and that was the person I was going to see.

Dr. Ashby.

I walked to his office, determined to know what the hell was going on. With each step I felt better, and with each stride I felt less weak. I walked to the wing he was in, paying no attention to the watchers along the way.

Once I got to the waiting room for the insurance clinic, I was surprised to find him sitting in the waiting room, waiting for me. He greeted me and asked me to sit, and I complied, but as I was sitting down, I pulled out my phone and opened the Recorder app, pressing record.

The following is the transcript for the conversation. It didn't last long, but I learned a lot, most of which I am still sorting out.


ASHBY: So, how have you been feeling? Are you adjusting well?
ME: Adjusting to what? Being trapped here?
ASHBY: Hehe, no, not to being trapped here. How are you adjusting to living on your own? How are you adjusting to being able to walk properly?
ME: Did you do that to me? How?
ASHBY: Please, answer the question. How are you adjusting?
ME: ...Pretty well actually. Were you responsible for me being like this? How did you manage that?
ASHBY: You shouldn't worry about things like that. We were responsible, but how is something you couldn't comprehend.
ME: Well then, what are all of you then? Or will I not comprehend that either?
ASHBY: No, you wouldn't. If I told you, you would just ask what it means, and what we want. I can't get into that, because I don't want to be here all day.
ME: Well what can you tell me? Are you controlling the watchers?
ASHBY: Yes and no. They act on their own, I just guide them.
ME: Did you kill all of those people?
ASHBY: Yes, but not intentionally. When we take over people, they don't survive the process. It is a temporary process, and most survive when we leave. But not all do, especially not Deborah. We can't repair her.
ME: Fuck you, she's dead because you took over her mind, don't forget that.
ASHBY: Be that as it may, you were holding the knife, not us. We are only here to help.
ME: Help? How the hell have you helped? I'm trapped here and I haven't been able to leave for weeks, so how is that help?
ASHBY: We are here to help you heal. You suffered a great injury, and you have been working so hard. We were there, we heard the agony you were in before that surgeon healed you. But it wasn't enough. That is why we are here.
ME: So wait, one of you were there, at the first hospital? And all of this is the greater design?
ASHBY: Haha, no, that is not the greater design. The greater design is a test we do. We test a person's limits, physically and mentally. We need to see if you break easily. If you do, then we will not make it through it. But if you don't break, if you persevere, then you are worthy. We want to help those who need it, those who were wronged. I'm sure you can understand that.
ME: You expect me to believe that? That you are just trying to make me better? I don't believe it.
ASHBY: It's up to you if you want to believe or not, but just look at the evidence. Look at how bett----

At this point, Dr. Ashby stared passed me and his eyes flashed pink for a few moments.

ASHBY: I'm sorry, it appears like I have said too much. I have to go. I hope you see the greater design.


With that, Ashby was gone.

After Dr. Ashby left the waiting room, and I just sat there, trying to process what he said. I listened to the recording, trying to make sense of it, and also waiting for him to return. But after 15 minutes of waiting I got impatient and decided to go after him, but to my dismay, there was no trace of him.

I can't really say that I'm surprised by this shit any more, it is too tiring.

I just turned around and left the office, left the waiting room, and walked to the security office. I had the card, and it was obvious that I wasn't going to get anything else out of Dr. Ashby, so the is my next step. I had the key, and the watchers knew it. They weren't trying to stop me, so I guess this was part of their plan.

Their greater design.

I got to the door and just looked at it for a moment. So simple, yet so promising. A pale blue door with yellow letters that promise protection, yet project an aura of hope. I press the eye card against the FOB and I heard it click open.

Now, a friend of mine used to work mall security, so I have been in a security office before, so I was expecting something similar.

This was unlike anything I could have thought of.

Part of it looked like a higher end security room like the one I have seen. Monitors on a wall, keys on racks, pictures on a board. Standard things I suppose.

But the pink glow was new. The pink glow that was emanating from black boards. Some of the black boards had round buttons on them, and others had a series of vertical and horizontal lines and dots, almost in a pattern. Might be a sort of alphabet if I had to guess, which I kind of have to. Above those boards were monitors similar to the security ones, but these were showing something very different. These screens were pink and showing images in that colour, but there were a lot of bright, pulsing patches.

What those are, I don't know for sure. But I think they might be picking up the energy inside of the watchers.

So this is where I am stationed, in an alien security room looking for something that leads out of here. I want to try out the buttons, but I have no idea which ones will do what, or if they have to be pressed in any type of sequence.

I might try and attempt to decipher this 'alphabet' to see what it says. No idea how to do that, but maybe I can find common letters?

Jeez, this is all so complicated.

I need to remember to keep checking the monitors too. I see that the watchers are all walking in a certain direction, I'm just not certain where they are all going. If I can figure out these location codes then maybe I'll know which cameras are pointed in whicvjup


- Cody S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mysterious Meal

Eyes in The Field

The Figure in the Frame: ch. 4 mississauga